Talladega, Ala. (June 21, 2020) – Today’s NASCAR Cup Series GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway has been postponed due to inclement weather. It is set to take the green flag tomorrow, Monday, June 22, at 2 p.m. CDT (3 p.m. ET) on FOX.
Martin Truex, Jr. will start from the pole position and will be flanked by Denny Hamlin. Starting third will be Kyle Busch, followed by Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick. Chase Elliott, defending champion of the GEICO 500, starts 11th while the track’s latest winner, Ryan Blaney, who won last October, will be alongside Elliott and roll off 12th.
All tickets from today’s event will be honored Monday and will be good for re-entry. Protocols for the GEICO 500 will remain the same. Talladega Superspeedway’s fan parking lots will open Monday morning at 11 am CDT while gates to the grandstands will open at 12 Noon CDT. If fans aren’t able to return, they can visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/weather to learn about the NASCAR Weather Protection Program.
The GEICO 500 at Talladega is the first major sporting event to welcome back a limited number of fans in attendance. NASCAR’s modified event procedures, protocols and number of attendees for the GEICO 500 have been finalized with guidance from public health officials, medical experts and local, state and federal officials. In order to adhere to local social distancing guidelines, the limited number of guests will be allowed in the frontstretch grandstands/towers.
In addition to being broadcast on FOX, the GEICO 500 can also be heard on MRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90.
- Talladega Superspeedway to Host Two NASCAR Xfinity Series Races Again Next Season
- Wild Finish: Denny Hamlin Wins YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway – Through Turn Four, Vaults to Lead from Fifth
- Cycling the Sights of Alabama: Jimmie Johnson’s Trek to Mt. Cheaha Unveiled at Talladega Superspeedway
- Justin Haley Emerges From “Darkhorse” to Victor in Chaotic Finish to Ag-Pro 300 At TALLADEGA
- Canadian Raphaël Lessard Records First Career Victory In Chevy Silverado 250 At Talladega