(Mar. 16, 2020) – As NASCAR recently announced the postponement of all race events through May 3, the GEICO 500 race weekend (April 24-26) at Talladega Superspeedway has been postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
Talladega Superspeedway will continue to work closely with NASCAR officials on a rescheduled race date, while maintaining contact with local and federal government and health officials for the latest information on the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
“We want to thank all of our loyal and devoted fans who were set to join us during our April race weekend,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Brian Crichton. “The health and safety of our guests, NASCAR stakeholders, employees and our community is our number one priority. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times and we look forward to having everyone back in the near future for the greatest racing on the planet.”
For the latest news, including information for fans who had previously purchased tickets, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway to Host Two NASCAR Xfinity Series Races Again Next Season
- Wild Finish: Denny Hamlin Wins YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway – Through Turn Four, Vaults to Lead from Fifth
- Cycling the Sights of Alabama: Jimmie Johnson’s Trek to Mt. Cheaha Unveiled at Talladega Superspeedway
- Justin Haley Emerges From “Darkhorse” to Victor in Chaotic Finish to Ag-Pro 300 At TALLADEGA
- Canadian Raphaël Lessard Records First Career Victory In Chevy Silverado 250 At Talladega