Talladega Superspeedway’s Director of Operations’ Andy McWilliams, along with track Security Manager Alan Watson, were presented with NASCAR’s “Security Award” Tuesday during in the 18th annual NASCAR Safety and Operations Summit presented by American Medical Response.
Presented for outstanding performance during the 2017 season, the duo were recognized for their effort and commitment in developing a comprehensive strategy with local, state and federal agencies to provide NASCAR fans with the safest environment for all competitors and fans who attend events at NASCAR’s Most Competitive track. Safety and security are paramount year-round at Talladega Superspeedway.
McWilliams is a longtime member of the Talladega team, coming on board in 1996 while Watson joined the staff in 2015.
The three-day summit, held at the Concord (North Carolina) Convention Center, also featured numerous presentations and small-group seminars that addressed best practices in the safety, track services, medical and security functional areas.
Talladega Superspeedway kicks into high gear again in 2018 with a triple-header weekend on April 27-29 with the GEICO 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race, the Sparks Energy 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series event and the General Tire 200 for the ARCA Racing Series. For ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 855-518-RACE (7223).
- Interesting Numbers for Talladega Superspeedway’s New Oversized Vehicle Tunnel
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Lynch Named Recipient of Coveted Buddy Shuman Award
- Crews Working Day & Night for Talladega’s New Turn 3 Oversized Vehicle Tunnel
- New Premium Infield RV Area Near Talladega's Start-Finish Line Slated for Spring Debut
- Despite Weather, Construction Moving Forward for New Turn 3 Oversized Vehicle Tunnel